Sewing Guild Newsletter
December 2020 - Vol. 21.2
A Note From Our President
Dear Sewing Siblings,
Last December, when I wished you Happy Holidays, none of us knew what a crazy year 2020 was going to be. I want to thank each of you for all you have done in the past 12 months to help in our community.
• Many of our members jumped into the mask making mode with several of you producing 50+ masks each. It’s been wonderful seeing so many folks working to keep family and friends covered.
• Safely sharing supplies with those who need them. Many of us shared fabric, nose wires, patterns, elastic and knowledge with others. Front door “supply” pickups became frequent occurrences (thank you Nancy S for sharing some fabric with me).
• Tutoring newbie sewers who wanted to help but needed tips.
• Bravely tackling all those UFO’s- so many members shared their challenges and projects *finally* completed after many years! I loved seeing all your accomplishments.
• Sharing handmade gifts this holiday season. Giving handmade gifts doesn’t necessarily mean that you are going to save cash. Sometimes, the costs of the materials to be used are higher than the ones you find in malls or stores. After all, the real intention of giving handmade material is not about saving money but to make the receiver feel special. These gifts are one of a kind, tailored specially to that person’s individual tastes and needs (such a dog pajamas, you aren’t going to find those at the box stores!)
I look forward to seeing your creations and sewing adventures in the coming year.
Julie Gleason, Chapter President
January 9, 2021: Neighborhood Zoom Meeting
February 13: Neighborhood Zoom Meeting
March 20: Chapter Zoom Meeting
Aug. 26-Sep. 6: Alaska State Fair
SAVE THE DATE: FALL RETREAT - OCTOBER 26-31, 2021
Due to COVID-19 concerns from the board and membership, the spring 2021 retreat has been cancelled.
Kathy Lunning has been in contact with Pioneer Ridge B&B in regards to the Fall Retreat. Due to shared rooms, bathrooms, and community style cooking, we understand there are some safety concerns with holding it this year. At this time, we still have the retreat scheduled and we make the final decision by the end of September.